- Nurse case manager with UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg, PA (since August 2018).
- Certified pediatric nurse at Penn State Health Children’s Hospital on a medical/surgical floor servicing nearly every pediatric medical or surgical patient type (2012 to 2018).
- Member of numerous quality and safety committees.
- Certified nurse’s assistant (2007 to 2012) for memory impaired residents in a secure unit neighborhood.
ABOUT ASHLEE HOMER
Ashlee Homer is a licensed registered nurse and she is currently certified as a pediatric nurse. Currently, she is learning to provide care coordination services to adult medical and surgical acute care patients to ensure smooth transition back to the community and with resources to remain in the community.
To maintain professional engagements, Ashlee is a member of the American Nurses Association (ANA). She has been part of large national health care collaboratives such as a joint venture between the ANA and the Centers for Disease Control and Backention (CDC) for antimicrobial stewardship.
Ashlee has edited nursing references as a Clinical Content Reviewer for Lippincott Advisor Manuals and was an abstract reviewer for the 2017 Society of Pediatric Nursing Conference.
Miss Homer has completed three evidence-based practice projects:
- Cystic Fibrosis: Why isolation is important
- Call bell response time and its relation to patient satisfaction
- Breast milk rapid improvement event
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- She has been awarded the D.A.I.S.Y Award in January 2014
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Nursing License- RN
- Certified Pediatric Nurse 2019
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support 2019
- Miss Homer is pursuing a Master of Science in Nursing for Clinical Nurse Leader from Queens University of Charlotte, NC.
- She earned her undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Nursing at York College of Pennsylvania (2012).
- She is also a member of Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, Society of Pediatric Nursing, and Sigma Theta Tau (Eta Eta chapter).