About Dr. Goostree
Dr. Steve Goostree received a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and an AAS from the Physical Therapist Assistant program at Southern Illinois University-Carbondale.
He worked as a licensed physical therapist assistant in outpatient orthopedics before returning to Franklin Pierce University in New England and graduating with his Doctor of Physical Therapy degree. His clinical interest lies is in treating spinal and extremity pain syndromes with evidence based hands-on therapy, pain science education and self-management exercises.
Dr. Goostree has treated patients across the lifespan with a focus on chronic pain management. His dynamic and rich clinical experience encompasses a wide variety of orthopedic clients, and accounts for his well-honed expertise in treating both acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions.
Steve also serves as a mentor in the University of Illinois-Chicago’s manual therapy fellowship program. In his free time, he enjoys Chicago sports and competing in triathlons.
- Physical Therapist-Clinic Manager at Core Physical Therapy Clinics, LLC
- Physical Therapist-Outpatient, Athletico, Ltd, Chicago, IL
- Physical Therapist-Private Practice, Achieve Orthopedic Rehab Institute, Chicago, IL
- Physical Therapist Assistant-Hospital Based Outpatient, Alexian Rehabilitation Hospital, Elk Grove Village, IL
- Laboratory Assistant and Guest Lecturer. PT 631 and 632: Musculoskeletal Dysfunction I & II. Entry Level Doctor of Physical Therapy Program, University of Illinois at Chicago. Chicago, IL
- Manuscript Reviewer, Journal of Student Physical Therapy Research
- Clinical Mentor, UIC Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship Program. Chicago, IL
- Knee Pain Pilot Project. APTA Orthopedic Section
- Multimodal Manual Physical Therapy Management for a Patient with Chronic Neck Pain: A Case Report
- Lumbar Facet Dysfunction presenting as Iliotibial Band Syndrome in a Marathon Runner: A Case Report
- Psychosocial Aspects of TENS Usage in Patients with Musculoskeletal Pain
License and Certiﬁcation
- Physical Therapist
- Certiﬁed in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy
- Certiﬁed in the McKenzie Method (MDT)
- APTA Board Certiﬁed Orthopedic Clinical Specialist
- Certiﬁed in Dry Needling, Dry Needling Institute
- (Pain Management Special Interest Group) American Heart Association CPR & AED Instructor
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists
- American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists
- American Physical Therapy Association, Orthopedic Section
- Conducted Multimodal Management of a Client Diagnosed with Long Thoracic Nerve Palsy, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL
- Lumbar Facet Dysfunction presenting as Iliotibial Band Syndrome in a Marathon Runner, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL
- Exercise Does a Body Good. Cabela’s Men’s Health Fair, Hoffman Estates, IL
- Moving and Improving: Preparing the Caregiver. St. Alexis Medical Center, Hoffman Estates, IL
- APTA Credentialed Fellowship in Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL (July 2014 to July 2015)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Franklin Pierce University, Concord, NH (August 2010 to February 2013)
- Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology AAS, Physical Therapist Assistant Program, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL (August 2004 to August 2008)