- Cindy runs her own private practice named Forever F.I.T. in Brooklyn, NY.
- She is Nutrition Consultant/Sales Manager at Metagenics.
- She has been associated with LOOK AHEAD study, the longest diabetes research study, as a research assistant.
- She has interned with Functional Nutrition Center in Hoboken.
ABOUT CINDY MOUSTAFA
Cindy Moustafa worked in Advertising and Marketing for a few years after graduating from SUNY F.I.T. However, when her father fell ill with several GI complications, she took great interest in learning about the GI system and nutrition and decided to leave that field to become a Nutritionist.
While in the graduate program she had the opportunity to have several mentors, including some amazing Doctors and Nutritionists. Her first experience in nutrition was in 2010, working at an integrative center for children with Autism, ADHD, ADD and other disorders. She worked under the Nutritionist and eventually helped her to put together an after-school nutrition and fitness program for children ages 6-11. She went on to teach the nutrition and fitness classes, including the cooking demonstration with the children.
In 2012, Cindy started seeing patients part-time and has had the pleasure of helping some amazing people. She started off specializing in weight-loss since she is also a fitness instructor and teaches quite a few different types of fitness classes. But upon starting an internship with a successful Functional Nutrition Center in Hoboken, she began treating more difficult patients including those with food allergies, GI disorders, autoimmune disease, etc.
In 2013, she began to work as a research assistant with the LOOK AHEAD study, the longest diabetes research study. The study looked to answer whether exercise and nutrition intervention could prevent the incidence of heart disease and other complications of diabetes.
After successfully completing her internships and required experience, she passed the exam and requirements to become a board Certified Nutrition Specialist and started seeing patients full-time in Brooklyn, NY, at her private practice named Forever F.I.T., meant to keep patients healthy through all stages of their lives.
In 2014, she was then approached by Metagenics to come on board as a Nutrition Consultant/Sales Manager. She accepted the job and continues to see her patients on a part-time remote basis.
She educates doctors on nutritional interventions for common diseases and disorders, such as Diabetes and often gives Nutrition Master Courses to rooms of practitioners with evidence-based approaches that might be a first-step before medication.
It’s her passion to have doctors, nurses, nutritionists and other practitioners educated on research that supports the idea that they may be able to manage and treat some patients with nutrition.
In her own practice, she treats patients as individuals and never takes a cookie-cutter approach because everyone responds differently to education and nutrition. She takes the stress, family, home-life, work-life balance and other aspects of the patients’ life into respect when planning a nutrition plan. She thrives to educate every person that she encounters in her work because she truly believes that’s what’s lacking in our current health system. She has contributed articles to several different publications about various health and diet topics.
Cindy is happily married to her wonderful husband, Nunzio and they have an amazing 2-year old named Luca who keeps them on their toes every day! He is, of course, a very healthy eater!
- Mastering the Thyroid
- Metabolic Detoxification
- First Line Therapy
- Functional Endocrine Therapy
- Health coach certification with the American Association of Drugless Practitioners
- AFAA certified fitness instructor
- Board-certified Nutritionist by the BCNS 2013
- Certified as a health coach by AADP in 2013
- Graduated with honors and the winner of the Honorarium award in nutrition research excellence in 2013
- Graduated from CUNY Brooklyn College with an M.S. in Human Nutrition in 2013
- Certified Fitness Instructor by AFAA 2010
- Graduated from SUNY F.I.T with a B.S. in Advertising and Marketing Communications in 2007