This luscious and tempting chocolate face mask can help you maintain a radiant and young-looking skin, the natural way!
Cocoa is excellent in maintaining a healthy and youthful skin. It offers strong antioxidant benefits that help fight free radicals and prevent premature aging. Cocoa flavanols help improve skin texture and hydration. Plus, it contains minerals that promote cell growth and tissue repair.()
This wonderful face mask also contains other effective ingredients such as yogurt, oatmeal, and honey.
Yogurt has moisturizing and anti-aging properties that help smoothen rough skin and add a youthful glow to it. It also contains lactic acid that gently exfoliates the skin, tightens the pores, reduces skin blemishes, and heals suntanned skin.()
Oatmeal is another amazing ingredient that promotes soft and smooth skin. It is effective in cleansing the pores and absorbs excess oil from the skin. Owing to its saponin content, oatmeal works as an exfoliant and helps remove dead skin cells and acne-causing bacteria. In addition, it helps maintain the pH of the skin.()
The numerous skin benefits of honey make it an excellent choice for any skin care recipe. It helps the skin retain its moisture and promotes a glowing complexion. Plus, its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties soothe and protect acne-prone skin.()
How to Make a DIY Homemade Chocolate Face Mask
Things you will need:
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1 tablespoon
- Plain yogurt – 2 tablespoons
- Oatmeal – 1 tablespoon
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- A bowl
- A mixing spoon
- Measuring spoons
1. Put 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder in a bowl.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of powdered oatmeal.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of honey.
5. Mix the ingredients well.
Your DIY homemade chocolate face mask is now ready for use.
How to Use Your Homemade Chocolate Face Mask
- Slather this homemade chocolate face mask on your freshly washed face and neck.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the mask using a moist paper towel or a soft washcloth.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Repeat once or twice a week.
- Do not confuse cocoa powder with a hot cocoa mix or chocolate milk mix, which has less cocoa content and added sugar.
- Use raw honey for best results.
- To make powdered oatmeal, grind the oatmeal in a blender or coffee grinder, or simply use oat flour instead.
- If you have dry skin, add a little olive oil for extra moisturization.
- If you have a sensitive skin, replace the yogurt in this recipe with milk cream.
- Apply sunscreen daily to further protect your skin from the harmful rays.
- Scapagnini G, Davinelli SD, Renzo LD, et al. Cocoa Bioactive Compounds: Significance and Potential for the maintenance of skin health. Nutrients. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4145303/. Published August 2014.
- Vaughn AR, Sivamani RK. Effects of Fermented Dairy Products on Skin: A Systematic Review. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26061422. Published July 2015.
- Pazyar N, Yaghoobi R, Kazerouni A, Feily A. Oatmeal in dermatology: a brief review. Indian journal of dermatology, venereology and leprology. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22421643. Published 2012.
- Ediriweera ERHSS, Premarathna NYS. Medicinal and cosmetic uses of Bee’s Honey–A review. Ayu: An International Quarterly Journal of Research in Ayurveda. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3611628/. Published 2012.