Your cheeks have a huge impact on how you look. Chubby cheeks create a youthful appearance, high cheekbones are considered attractive by many and saggy cheeks are often a sign of aging.
One’s face looks fuller at a younger age due to the presence of subcutaneous fat under the skin. This fat is especially located along the cheeks, giving the face a healthy and chubby appearance.
The subcutaneous fat reduces with age, resulting in saggy cheeks and an older-looking appearance. A sunken, sallow face can occur for a variety of reasons and many find it unattractive.
Most babies have chubby cheeks that give them an innocent and beautiful look. Now, many adults prefer chubby cheeks to maintain a youthful appearance.
Trying to get chubby cheeks does not mean piling up fat on your face. You can achieve it by toning your facial skin. A few natural techniques, exercises and home remedies can give your cheeks a plumper and chubby look.
Here are the top 10 ways to get chubby cheeks.
1. Facial Yoga
Facial yoga is the best way to get chubby cheeks and lift sagging skin. It helps produce collagen and elastin, both of which make your skin firm and help to plump up, lift and augment hollow cheeks.
- Place both forefingers in line with the flare of your nostrils just under the apex of your cheekbones. Make small, firm outward circles in the cheek depression for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Go, place both forefingers on either side of your nose on the smile furrows, about ½ inch from the outer corners of your lips. Do small, outward circles with your fingertips for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Finally, place both forefingers on the hinges of your jaw. Make small, firm upward circles in this depression for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Repeat this complete facial yoga routine a few times a day.
You can also do facial exercises such as cheek presses and cheek lifts to tone your cheek muscles.
2. Blow Balloons
You can also blow balloons to work out your cheek muscles. The process of blowing into a balloon puffs up your cheeks, which in turn helps build up the muscles to add beef to your cheeks.
- Blow into a balloon with your mouth.
- Hold your puffed-up cheeks for 1 minute before letting out the air.
- Do this 5 or 6 times each day.
You can even perform this exercise by blowing into imaginary balloons.
3. Olive Oil
Olive oil is a time-tested remedy to get chubby cheeks. It contains healthy, monounsaturated fats that aid in maintaining healthy and supple skin. Olive oil works as the perfect moisturizer for dry skin and ensures soft skin. It also helps prevent wrinkles and fine lines.
- Consume 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil daily.
- Use warm olive oil to massage your cheeks in an upward direction for 5 to 10 minutes twice daily.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has natural skin-tightening properties that help get rid of sagging cheeks and also promote skin elasticity. Moreover, the antioxidants in aloe vera prevent damage caused by free radicals and boost collagen production to give you younger-looking skin.
- Massage your cheeks with fresh aloe vera gel using circular motions for 10 minutes. Allow it to sit for another 10 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. Do this twice daily.
- Another option is to drink juice prepared from 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel once daily.
Fenugreek can also help you get chubby yet firm cheeks. It has vitamins and antioxidants that combat free-radical damage and help promote smooth and healthy skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of fenugreek powder with a little water to make a thick paste. Apply the paste on your cheeks and massage gently. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse it off with water. Follow this remedy once daily.
- Another option is to massage your cheeks with fenugreek oil 1 or 2 times daily.
6. Shea Butter
Shea butter is high in fatty acids that can help improve the elasticity of the skin. Moreover, the vitamin E in shea butter helps tighten the skin to give your cheeks a firm yet chubby appearance.
- Rub some shea butter onto your cheeks and massage in an upward and circular motion for 10 minutes. Allow it to sit for 15 minutes, then wash it off with water. Use this remedy a few times a week.
- Prepare a thick mixture with one cup of melted shea butter and ¾ cup of granulated sugar. Store it in the refrigerator until it becomes solid. Apply it on your wet face and massage using gentle circular motions for 5 minutes. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. Follow this remedy daily before taking your daily bath or shower.
7. Rose Water and Glycerin
A combination of rose water and glycerin is another great way to get chubby cheeks. Both ingredients have skin-benefitting and moisturizing properties that can nourish your skin and keep it hydrated.
- Mix equal amounts of rose water and glycerin.
- Rub it on your cheeks before going to bed, and leave it on overnight.
- The next morning, rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat this remedy once daily.
Apples contain many nutrients that are beneficial for your skin. The antioxidants in apples help prevent tissue damage and wrinkles. In addition, it helps keep your skin soft and plump.
- Blend ½ apple to get a paste-like consistency.
- Apply this paste on your cheeks and massage with gentle circular strokes for 5 minutes.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- Repeat this method once daily.
Also, eat an apple daily. Opt for the organic ones whenever possible.
Honey is extremely good for your skin in many ways. It acts as a humectant, which means it helps the skin retain moisture so it looks healthier and plumper. Also, it contains antioxidants that protect the skin from free-radical damage.
- Make a paste with 1 teaspoon each of honey and papaya paste (blend a few papaya pieces to get the paste). Apply this paste to your cheeks and let it sit for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Follow this treatment once every morning.
- Add 1 tablespoon of raw honey to a glass of warm water. Drink it once daily.
Milk is another good option to get chubby cheeks. It moisturizes your skin and makes your skin appear fuller.
- Massage your cheeks with cold milk in upward and circular motions for 5 minutes. Let it sit for another 5 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. Do this once every day.
- Drink 1 to 2 glasses of skim or low-fat milk daily.
- Whenever possible, avoid wearing makeup to give your face a chance to breathe. Always remove your makeup thoroughly before going to bed.
- Avoid smoking and drinking as these habits can cause skin to lose elasticity and make you look older than your age.
- Drink an ample amount of water throughout the day to keep your body well hydrated.
- Put sunscreen on your face to protect the skin from harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Gently pinch both your cheeks to make them blush naturally. Brighter cheeks look plumper and fuller.
- Keep your cheeks well moisturized to prevent saggy skin. Use a moisturizing cream on your cheeks after every shower and every time you wash your face. In case you have greasy skin, use a water-based moisturizer.
- Eat foods like nuts and seeds with healthy fats to get smooth and healthy skin.
- Avoid using a straw as it causes the cheeks to sink in.