- Worked in the IT industry at the Mitre Corporation, NASA, and the Department of Defense (DoD) for several years before pursuing his medical career.
- After medical school, Dr. Joglekar developed an electronic medical record at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD while conducting a Phase II clinical trial on advanced head and neck cancers.
- Participated programs include Medicare Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) and Medicare Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Over 17 years’ experience in the medical field with Internal Medicine as his specialty.
ABOUT DR. JAY JOGLEKAR:
Dr. Joglekar believes that a healthy lifestyle, strong mental health, and preventive approach lead to the promotion of wellness. To that end, he works closely with his patients to develop a need-specific treatment strategy that is tailor-made for each individual patient. His approach prioritizes the patient’s health above all, and is along the lines of a patient-physician partnership which owes its efficacy and success to trust and honesty between the two key players.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
- Board certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
AWARDS, HONORS & RECOGNITIONS:
- CMS Stage 1 2012, 2012
- Fellowship – Integrative Medicine – Banner University Medical Center – University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Residency – Internal Medicine – Hennepin County Medical Center – University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Internship – Internal Medicine – Prince George Hospital Center – Howard University, Cheverly, MD
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery- West Indies School of Medicine, St. Augustine, Trinidad & Tobago (2001)
- Master of Science in Software Engineering – Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering – University of Maryland, College Park, MD